Location: Koala is all-remote, with roughly Central Time working hours. We're primarily hiring engineering & design in Brazil, though open to other locations for exceptional candidates.
At Koala, we are on a mission to amplify sales and marketing team's ability to go from insight to action. We help customers pinpoint potential sales opportunities at the highest moments of intent, resulting in conversion rates that are 5-10x higher than traditional methods. With Koala, customers can finally understand their entire buyer's journey and orchestrate their sales strategy.
Our small, customer-obsessed team is passionate about crafting exceptional user experience with incredibly fast execution and iteration. We're looking for strong generalists who are great problem solvers. We don't expect you to have experience with everything we use, but we do expect a solid foundation of Ruby fundamentals and a background working with React and TypeScript.
What you'll do
- Collaborate closely with the founding team to architect and build new user-facing features, everything from database models to APIs and UI components.
- Optimize and improve the performance of high-volume data APIs and our data synchronization stack.
- Influence the product's direction and contribute to key decisions regarding technology and functionality.
- Leverage APIs to build rich interactions and workflows connecting Koala to customer CRM integrations. Familiarity with OpenAI / LLMs is a plus.
- Iterate software from idea to production while collaborating with customers and the rest of the team.
- Understand customer problems and iterate with them quickly to solve.
Tech + background:
- Ruby on Rails backed by Postgres
- OpenSearch, Redis, Clickhouse
- TypeScript/React frontend
- CRM and third-party integration APIs
What we offer
- Competitive pay & meaningful equity. We are looking for top-tier software engineers and will compensate accordingly.
- Generous WFH stipend. Because your home office will be your primary office, we want to make sure you'll have the hardware and tools you need to be productive.
- Opportunity to work with a world-class engineering & product team. Our customers are shocked at the size of our team — they regularly assume we are 5-10x larger than we are. We chalk this up to a world-class engineering and product team that obsesses over the details and iterates quickly with our customers.
How to apply
If you're excited about this role, email us at [email protected]. Please include your LinkedIn/resume, any relevant work samples (encouraged but not required), and a brief explanation of why you're interested in working with Koala.
Given that we're an early-stage startup, we've found that two-way compatibility is important. We'd like to work with you under a more flexible contract arrangement and convert it to a full-time role if both sides are having fun! However, we understand that that's not always possible and can be flexible here.